This las t weekend I made a trip over to Washington to see my family. It is a bout an 8 hour drive from SW Idaho To my destination in SW Washington. I left Idaho at 2pm MDT. The pass over the Blue Mountains in Eastern Oregon had some snow and ice on it when I crossed them, however it was not snowing to bad at the time I drove over the pass. I made it to White Pass just at dark. White Pass is on Highway 12 over the Cascades. This is a 2 lane highway with mostly no shoulder and very little room for error. As I started up the pass the snow began to fall harder and the wind picked up. By the time I was half way up the East side of the pass it was nearly white out conditions at times. There was very little traffic on the road and no snow plows had been over the road yet. I was having a very difficult time just seeing the road. I finally made it to the top of the pass and stopped. I decided that the road conditions were getting to bad to continue without chains on my 2 wheel drive Pickup. Just bfore the trip I went to Les Schwab Tires and picked up a set of their “Quick fit diamond chains. These chains are great. They are the easiest chains I have ever put on a vehicle. All of the other tire chains I have used in the past require you to lay them out on the ground behind the tire and drive onto them to fasten the chains around the tire. The QF chains are designed to be placed on the tire as it sits. The instructions sheet that comes with the chains is simple and easy to understand. It is also printed on a plastic sheet so that it will stand up to any weather condition. The QF chains do provide excellent traction and are designed to tighten themselves as your vehicle travels down the road. This will prevent the chains from coming off the vehicle while driving which is never any fun. Les Schwab does have the policy that if you buy a set of chains and don’t use them, you can return them for a full refund in the spring. I will not be able to return this set of chains, and I am glad that I had them when I did. I recommend that everyone keep a set of chains in their vehicle anyway so I would not have returned the chains even if I had not used them.
- 4,782 hits
- @ghost1066 Done. I am looking forward to reading the book. 2 months ago
- @markschlereth I prefer Doc Mcstuffins to Peppa Pig. 3 months ago
- @JohnnyESPNBoise @nflcommish @ESPNBoise I though Goddell tried to put out the fire with a gas can based on the way he answered questions. 3 months ago
- @NDmom Running is the wrong thing to do. That can trigger the Bear to attack becausee you look like fleeing prey. 3 months ago
- @Espngreeny Adolpho did not help the NFL's image based on what he said. They still blew an opportunity to make a statement. 4 months ago